Welcome to our guide on purchasing refurbished laptops in Malaysia.
If you’ve never heard of refurbished laptop let us provide a simple explanation to it.
Refurbished is the term used to describe defective, old or used items that have been restored to like-new condition. When laptops are refurbished, the parts that aren’t working are replaced.
The refurbished computer and laptop market is growing rapidly over the world. The awareness of refurbished electronic goods is still poor in Malaysia.
With the huge growth in the refurbished market, it provides a great opportunity for people with lower and middle income to purchase laptops at dirt cheap price while help reducing environmental risks due to electronic waste.
If you’re trying to squeeze the most value out of every ringgit for your next laptop purchase, consider buying a refurbished laptop.
However, we have to admit that you won’t usually find the best models being sold as refurbished, but you will save a significant amount of money with the exact functionality of new laptops.
Once you’ve decided to purchase a refurbished laptop there are few things you need to keep in mind. As a shopper, you need to take the following important steps:
1. Identify your needs – You need to list down the reasons why you need a laptop in the first place. Is it for office work, Internet browsing, watching movies, college assignment or any other task. Once you’ve identified your reason, check out the list of software required to perform your task. Most of the software comes with minimum requirements to operate within a laptop. It is easy to check those requirements on software vendor’s website.
For example, you want to use Microsoft Office 2016 and the minimum requirements are as following:
- 1 Ghz or faster x86-bit or x-64bit processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
2. Determine your budget – Once you’ve identified your needs and software requirements, research the cost for new laptops with similar specifications. It will give you a rough idea on the amount of discount applied to the refurbished laptops. Brands like Dell, Lenovo, Acer, and HP will have 50% to 60% discount from the original price whereas MacBook often has lower discount rates for their refurbished models.
3. Research the laptop models – It is important for buyers like you to perform extensive research on the refurbished laptop models before making a purchase decision.
4. Read customer and expert reviews of those specific laptop models – Those reviews will provide you the knowledge to select the right refurbished laptop with longer shelf life. If the specific model had problems with particular hardware, you can ask the seller if that hardware been replaced during refurbishment process. Make sure to confirm the battery life.
5. Ask about their refurbishment process – You need to ask how does the seller handle the refurbishment process. It is recommended to purchase from the sellers who can provide information on their refurbishing process. For example, the following image shows the refurbishment process by Usedcomputer.asia
6. Check the manufacturer’s and seller’s warranty and return policies – When you purchase from the right refurbished laptop sellers, there are just slight chance for the laptops to have any problem. However, it would be better to purchase from sellers who offers 1 year warranty with after-sales technical support.
7. Confirm on the condition of laptop – There are some buyers who are more concerned about the specifications of the laptops than the appearance flaws. However, it would be better to purchase a decent looking laptop than worn-out ones.
Most of the sellers claim that every refurbished laptop gone through full testing before put up for sales. It would be great if you could spare some money for battery replacement. Batteries that lasts for only 30 minutes to 1 our is considered at working condition by most sellers.
However, with the amount need to be spent for battery replacement, refurbished laptops are much cheaper than the new ones. It is better to ask the seller before making your purchase.
Finding Refurbished Laptops in Malaysia
There are many eCommerce websites selling refurbished laptops. However, we advise you to look at the website focused on selling refurbished electronic goods alone. This is because they are not focused on multiple products like Lazada, 11street, Mudah or Lelong.my.
You will get quality products from sellers who are focused on selling specific products.
Purchase your refurbished laptops from Usedcomputer.asia as we are focused on providing Malaysians with the most affordable refurbished computers and laptops.
The purchase of refurbished laptop is the most cost effective way to own a laptop which provides similar functionality to the new ones. You might feel apprehensive in purchasing refurbished laptops. But you can easily follow the steps mentioned above to identify reputable refurbishers and sellers to get the right laptops with right pricing.
Whether you’re purchasing refurbished or new laptop, it is important to perform extensive research before making informed purchase decision.
If you’re looking for high quality laptops at affordable price, check them out here: Refurbished Laptops